PTSD Treatment in Arlington
and Richmond, VA
Research has shown some promising data that Ketamine infusions can improve symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Much of this came out of the serendipitous discovery that severely burned service members from Iraq and Afghanistan who received Ketamine for pain control had fewer symptoms of PTSD than those who didn’t (McGhee et al, J of Trauma 2008).
Much more research needs to be done with regards to Ketamine therapy, but this initial work is very promising. Of course, many patients with PTSD may also have co-existing depression and chronic pain conditions for which Ketamine infusions may be beneficial.
- The initial series of six infusions will take place about every other day within a 2-3 week period.
- Each infusion appointment is 90 minutes with the infusion portion being 40 minutes long.
- Although we don’t recommend varying too much from this treatment protocol we will customize the treatments to help meet your personal and travel needs.
- Subsequent single booster infusions may be required to keep your symptoms in remission, which can last from weeks to months, depending upon the patient.
How do I get started?
- Contact us below to schedule your Initial Consultation
- Under the Forms tab, complete BOTH the new patient form and release of medical information form for your Mental Health Provider and Primary Care Physician.
- Maintain ongoing, regular contact with both your Primary Care Provider and your primary Mental Health Provider, which may be your psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, counselor, or therapist during and after your series of ketamine infusions. We will be contacting them to confirm your diagnosis.